Friday 5 September 2014

Magna Charter #1


Dear Diary,

Today I travelled to Torch to search for robots. It is a strange place, with big buildings made of bricks and stones. I heard a rumour that two dwarves had found something interesting on top of the big hill, so I went searching for it. I did not find any robots, but I did meet a bard named Gabriel Rose, who wears an odd looking robe and uses one of those very small crossbows that fires tiny little arrows made of metal. He thought that I needed protecting! I'm sure he was just being nice, but it was very funny. He is pretty good at talking to people, and seems to know a lot about tehk...tekno...about robots and stuff. Dad always says it is good to know people who are good at things you are not. Good at.

We stopped at this shop that sells strange potions. I'm not sure why we went, but Gabriel found it very interesting. Then we went to the chieftains house which is very big and made of stones. I do not know why anyone would want to live in it. We arrived at the same time as a dwarf named Bandar. I have heard of him. I know he will be a good ally, because he is an enemy of the Technic League, who are friends with robots. Plus he has armour, a large hammer, and is a dwarf. With him was a human warrior who had a pair of swords and big eyes. I am not sure if he can speak, but Bandar said that he helped smash a robot, so I think he is good too. There were also two magic-users. One is a tall man named Berlik, who seemed very jumpy. Maybe he was scared of all the big weapons. There is also a very, very pale gnome wizard. I think there is something wrong with him.

A dwarven lady said the chieftain was not in his house, because he was taken away by robots. She offered some sort of reward for us finding him, but I would have gone to rescue him anyway. The robots took him underneath a lake, so Gabriel went and found a wizard who waved a magic stick at us so we could breath underwater. We then went to the lake and swam down a dark tunnel. Berlik stopped being jumpy and gave us all glowing magic rocks so we could see. It is nice to have a magic-user that thinks of things like that. He is also not bad at tracking things. So now we are here in a cave that is not full of water, which is good, because the wizard said the spell would stop after a few hours. There are no robots yet, but tracks lead off around the corner.

More later.

Magna, Robot Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment